Discuss Help with certification in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Hope all are well,

I just need clarification on a job Ive done with regards to the certification.
I have wired an extension to house which includes a bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. The old house is installed to 17th edition. The extension has a new DB that the extension circuits are supplied from but the new DB is a circuit supplied from the old DB Main side. Ive done an EICR on the old.
I have not finalised any certs yet, But have chosen to document like this.

1) EICR old house which was (17th edition compliant)
2) EIC extension DB as Addition with associated circuits

As new DB supply is a circuit from old board do I need a separate EIC just for that circuit?
I suggested a rewire of whole house as there was decent enough access to do so but client did not want to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

your EIC for the new work should state that DB2 is fed from DB1, with the OCPD in DB1 as the supply and details of the distribution circuit included. On your EICR for DB1 it should have "circuit no.X assub-main DB2. see EIC .

and why would you want to rewire a house that was only recently installed to 17th?

your EIC for the new work should state that DB2 is fed from DB1, with the OCPD in DB1 as the supply and details of the distribution circuit included. On your EICR for DB1 it should have "circuit no.X assub-main DB2. see EIC .

and why would you want to rewire a house that was only recently installed to 17th?
Thanks for your reply Telectrix. I only suggested a rewire as the DB is 17th edition but most of the circuit wiring is pre 17th edition with passable IR readings but as there was accessibility put it out as a suggestion. again greatly appreciate your help ?

Reply to Help with certification in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net