SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Help with choosing courses.... in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mikeprobert

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all, I have been made redundant whilst on long term sick...I qualify for the Welsh Assembly REACT package..I don't know what courses to do...I have 17th ed and 2392, I am taking PAT testing shortly, because I was getting bored on the sick..I have worked for the last 3 years with an air conditioning company, but think I would like to go into domestic proper. I cannot decide which scheme to go with. I would like to carry out period inspection and test, so I beleive the NIC way of adding this as a bolt-on to the Dom Inst is the only way. I don't know if fire alarms and emergency lighting would be a good idea..I have £2500 for courses, which I want to use wisely...I would be grateful of any input, as I am slightly scratching my nogging.....Cheers...Mike

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
A

acat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike if you have the NVQ and 2382 already you dont need anymore if you register with NICEIC then you can work PAT testing a good idea as this will add to what you can do.

The solar panel scene seems to be the best way forward at the moment. Going the fire alarm intruder alarm side would prove rather complicated I think and loads of people are doing it already. How many people in your area do the solar panels.

Best to look in your area to see whats already being offered and in return you will see whats not offered which could well be the niche for you

Best of luck

Chris

M

mikeprobert

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the reply...I have never thought of solar panels....I will look into that one..Cheers...

scotsparky

-
Arms
go for 2391-01 its a step up but worth it. will open up a huge ammount of jobs. There is also copex as well you should get both for 2500 easy. I am doing 2391-02 at moment but also saving for compex course.

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Reply to Help with choosing courses.... in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom