Discuss Help with choosing courses.... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mikeprobert

Hi all, I have been made redundant whilst on long term sick...I qualify for the Welsh Assembly REACT package..I don't know what courses to do...I have 17th ed and 2392, I am taking PAT testing shortly, because I was getting bored on the sick..I have worked for the last 3 years with an air conditioning company, but think I would like to go into domestic proper. I cannot decide which scheme to go with. I would like to carry out period inspection and test, so I beleive the NIC way of adding this as a bolt-on to the Dom Inst is the only way. I don't know if fire alarms and emergency lighting would be a good idea..I have £2500 for courses, which I want to use wisely...I would be grateful of any input, as I am slightly scratching my nogging.....Cheers...Mike

Mike if you have the NVQ and 2382 already you dont need anymore if you register with NICEIC then you can work PAT testing a good idea as this will add to what you can do.

The solar panel scene seems to be the best way forward at the moment. Going the fire alarm intruder alarm side would prove rather complicated I think and loads of people are doing it already. How many people in your area do the solar panels.

Best to look in your area to see whats already being offered and in return you will see whats not offered which could well be the niche for you

Best of luck

Chris

Thanks for the reply...I have never thought of solar panels....I will look into that one..Cheers...

go for 2391-01 its a step up but worth it. will open up a huge ammount of jobs. There is also copex as well you should get both for 2500 easy. I am doing 2391-02 at moment but also saving for compex course.

Reply to Help with choosing courses.... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock