Discuss Help with Commercial Quoting Process in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

dansk

-
Reaction score
Hi,

Going to do a commercial site visit tomorrow - its for a customer i have already worked for on a domestic level, now he wants a quote for PV on his business unit.

I need help with identifying the process. This is how i imagine it works:

Site visit, measure roof check electrical (not an expert with 3 phase)
Do the design and agree the job and price with customer first.
Then is it planning permission?
Then talk with DNO? or do i talk to DNO firstly?
Should i try to keep it to 16A per phase and do it under G83? or just fill the roof and work out the loads and speak to DNO at the same time?

Basicly this is my first commercial and i dont want to mess it up

Thanks

Last edited:
@dansk

Think what the show stoppers on this project are:

DNO and Planning, talk it through through with the customer, find out what his timescales, and his show stopper are, the DNO's have speeded up, Planning will take you at least 6 weeks.

You can obviuolsy do the DNO bit, who is going to do the planning application?

Plan it like any project, explain the process to the customer, that way they are involved and buy in at an early stage.

Thanks for the reply -

Just to get it clear in my mind - after the visit should i speak to the customer first and agree the design and tell them its subject to DNO approval?, then speak to DNO with the suggested design? and get this agreed, then go to planning?, i worry about the planning application later on - just want to try and get the first stage sorted.

Get agreement with the customer on what he wants first and explain the fact that the longest delay will likley be planning, tnen when you have his agreement the DNo application and Planning application can go on concurrently.

Check the other threads re DNO approval for the whole process, fees, timescales etc, especially if the connection needs upgrading, there is all the information that you need already in the threads, just go trawling.

Reply to Help with Commercial Quoting Process in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net