Discuss Help with correct AC adapter! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

lRaziel1

DIY
Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I bought a used keyboard (Yamaha PSR-E303), however it came with an aftermarket AC dapter, not the original one.

Its this one:

Help with correct AC adapter! _20191113_165930.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

The keyboard does not specify AC adapter specs, but it says this above the plug:

Help with correct AC adapter! _20191113_165806 - EletriciansForums.net

However they do specify to use ONLY one of these adaptors they recommend in their manual (PA-3C / PA-3B) for use with this keyboard:

Help with correct AC adapter! 7147EhnBvOL._SL1500_ - EletriciansForums.net Help with correct AC adapter! fe1f5f2608fe9a48a304689e61f54c9a-product - EletriciansForums.net

This said, it comes the real question.

Do i really have to change it?
Rhe adapter itself where i live costs half of what i paid for this keyboard. If i could afford an adapter that expensive, i wouldnt even be asking this, but of course it would be ideal to change it.

This one i'm currently using doesnt overheat, works fine and i have no problems whatsoever with any of the functions of the keyboard, even volume. Maybe i hear a little bit of "noise" or interference when using headphones, but thats about it.

Could i permanently damage my keyboard by using this one? I'd rather buy AA batteries and use it that way until iu can pay for the adapter, if you guys confirm it can happen.

Thanks a lot everybody.

PS. If its of anyhelp, my country (Mexico) uses 127v @ 60Hz.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
The adapter you have is only a 9 volt output instead of 12 volt. It may go through a regulator on the pcb in the keyboard to adjust the input voltage, many of these types of equipment have this arrangement.
Personally, I would check the actual voltage out of the adapter as they are quite often higher than stated.
I don't think you will damage it with this adapter.
See what other members think.

Your power supply is also slightly less powerful - 600mA rather than 700mA. But to be honest I'm with Timbo above - as long as it isn't getting hot then I can't see a problem. Make sure it doesn't overheat when left on for long periods (several hours) also - just in case it ever gets left switched on by mistake.

Reply to Help with correct AC adapter! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock