Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Help With Electrical Installation Course in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

michaelanderson

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi im trying to find a basic electrical installation book that tells you all the basics. I got basic electrical installation by trevor linsley but its a long book to go with the course c&g 2330. The book im looking for is to practice the basics before my assesment day at college(trying to do course c&g 2330 level 2) as i have a BPEC written exam(dont know what that is) and a written exercise. Anything you could tell me about any of this would be a great. Like what to expect at assement day? What is Bpec written exam? What would be a good basic electrical installation book or cd/dvd? I would like to thank you all in advance:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
B

bahco

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hi mate

i am on my 2nd year of the 2330, i have 2 books the trevor linsley one you mentioned and a brain scaddan one, both are quite long and to my knowledge there is no smaller one, the course does cover quite a bit of stuff.

as for your asesment is it the practical assesment you mean?

danzor

-
Mentor
Arms
the trevor linsley book is actually really good. a few hours a week you'll be through the book. There's also some test pages in there to help you out.

M

michaelanderson

hi mate

i am on my 2nd year of the 2330, i have 2 books the trevor linsley one you mentioned and a brain scaddan one, both are quite long and to my knowledge there is no smaller one, the course does cover quite a bit of stuff.

as for your asesment is it the practical assesment you mean?
Hi i have found another book by trevor linsley "An introduction to electrical installation work" What ive got on my assesment day is:

PowerPoint Presentation
BPEC Written Test
A Written Exercise
One To One Interview

Just wanted to know what to expect and what is a BPEC Written Test? Cheers Mike

B

bahco

i never had any of that when i started my 2330, have you just left school?

i would think the test might have quite a bit of maths in it and maybe some ohms law, but im only guessing tbh mate

M

michaelanderson

i never had any of that when i started my 2330, have you just left school?

i would think the test might have quite a bit of maths in it and maybe some ohms law, but im only guessing tbh mate
no left school in 2003

C

Cirrus

Strange, all I had to do to get on my 2330 was enrol, take along exam certs so they could see I was up to it and a 2 mnute interview to show them I can speak English and not Polish as my mother tongue

M

MacSparky

M

michaelanderson

Thanks everyone for your help passed the assesment test today with 93% mark:) And i start the course in september:D

R

rumrunner

mines a large j.d. oh and well done,
atvbitwww

A

alex

Strange, all I had to do to get on my 2330 was enrol, take along exam certs so they could see I was up to it and a 2 mnute interview to show them I can speak English and not Polish as my mother tongue

didnt even have to do that. i just had to do 2 computer tests an english and maths then i got my enrolement date.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Help With Electrical Installation Course in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom