Discuss Help with identifing main switch type. New to periodic testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

nazyv

-
Reaction score
Hello can anyone please help as im new to this but always researching to better my knowledge. Im trying to identify the BS info for the msin switch. I know the fuses are BS 3036. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks20170726_123413.jpg

20170726_123413.jpg

BS5419, you will have to record its current rating as n/v as it could be 60 or 100A but it is likely to be 60A.

Assuming it is missing you should note the fuse cover is not in place, with current requirements you could argue it maintains some IP rating but its original purpose was to prevent molten copper being emitted if one of the semi enclosed fuse wires ruptured.

Don't forget to use the 0.725 correction factor on the 3036 fuses for current carrying capacity of the connected conductors.

The 5 amp circuit no 2 looks like a cartridge fuse possibly bs 1361 or bs 88
You'll be able to take the carrier apart to confirm its type

BS1361 although you should always check it hasn't been linked out with wire or that someone has fitted a BS1362 plug top fuse, even though longer they will fit but it splays the blades.

BS1361 although you should always check it hasn't been linked out with wire or that someone has fitted a BS1362 plug top fuse, even though longer they will fit but it splays the blades.
Ha I've seen the old plug top fuse rammed in before.
Tenant said he had an abundance of 13amp fuses he's carried for years, straight into a 5amp cartridge holder for lighting.
What could possibly go wrong?

I suppose BS88 could be correct if you use the new categorisation of BS1361 being BS88-3 fuse System C, madness.

Reply to Help with identifing main switch type. New to periodic testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net