Discuss Help with landscape setup, what hangers? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
HI all,

got some panels to mount in landscape but having problems in what brackets to use

I’ve got a few options

the tiles are plain roof but i can’t find plain roof brackets with a 90 degreeto mount the rails vertically

so can i use the plain tile bracket which has 90 degree bend on it and use leadflashing where the tiles were as below.

Help with landscape setup, what hangers? pantile 90 - EletriciansForums.net
or can i use plain tile brackets (plain tile is what im working with) with a 90degree bracket so it should fit well on the roof

Help with landscape setup, what hangers? Plain_hanger - EletriciansForums.netHelp with landscape setup, what hangers? Plain_vertical - EletriciansForums.netthis would be good as its the right hanger for the tyle type but doesnt have the 90 degree turn for the panel mounting, any alternatives would be good, its my first instal and the roof is a nightmare

thanks

grand

@grandfortune,

Your second bracket looks like schuco's long slate bracket, I doubt it will have enough of an upstand to clear the tile properly. (German plain tiles are not the same as English plain tiles, - stuff gets lost in the translation!)

Help with landscape setup, what hangers? DSCF4747 - EletriciansForums.netHelp with landscape setup, what hangers? DSCF4748 - EletriciansForums.net

The BEST way to install landscape panels is to use a cruciform or cross rail system.

i.e. you install horizontal rails and then place vertical rails over the top of the horizontal rails using the proper joiners, and then place the panels on the vertical rails, that way as you move across the roof you can keep the mounting rails in their properly location on the panels. (Usually 1/8 - 3/8 and 5/8 - 7/8 distance along the lobg side)

You will be very lucky if you can get them correctly spaced by relying on the rafter positions, unless you've only got a couple of panels.

Havind said all the above, IF you still decide to go ahead with directly mounting the vertical rails on rafters, (explore all other alternatives) you have two choices:

Help with landscape setup, what hangers? DSCF4752 - EletriciansForums.net

Either use the 'twisted' barcket - 2nd from left, second row and then you'll need to lead around the bracket, or use the bracket on the right with a special adapter (might still nead some leading)

thanks for that,

i was goingt o put noggins in between the rafters, so you think ill be ok to use the first picture and flash with lead, ill look into the cruciform way

thanks very much

Ive just quoted for cruciform and its another £700 so i'll be probably better off putting the noggins inbetween the rafters (are they rafters or trusses?) and i assume it will sit closer to the roof and look a bit better?

any other ideas i'd appreciate guys.

thanks
Grand

Reply to Help with landscape setup, what hangers? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock