Discuss Help with learning BMS in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RichB

Hi,

just to give a little background on myself quickly, am qualified with C&G 2330, AM1&2, NVQ3 and 17th. Time working as a qualified sparks is 3 years now.

Have recently been speaking to a few other electricians on sites that i work on about furthering my knowledge and a few of them have been mentioning that BMS is the way forward. I have done some research into it on the web and it looks very interesting and would like to take this route.

Was just wondering if any of you guys/gals know of any good books i can read up on about BMS and also any good courses they have for them as i am currently struggling to find any.

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich

There is a new qualification this year which is an nvq level 3 in BMS other than that the only way to get into it the BMS industry unfortunately experience. Your best chance is to work for a BMS systems integrator doing the electrical installation and then in time you can move accroos to working with the software.

Try Following this link https://www.trendcontrols.com/en-GB/partners/Pages/UKIreland.aspx Pick your area and contact the Trend companies there, they will most likely have an installtion department.

Other BMS companies to look for are Siemens,Johnson controls,Trane,Andover Continuem,TAC. These will all in turn have there own systems integrators to contact.

Send your CV out to everyone and keep knocking on the door, it can be a stressfull job but is rewarding too.

Good luck

Hi Rich

There is a new qualification this year which is an nvq level 3 in BMS other than that the only way to get into it the BMS industry unfortunately experience. Your best chance is to work for a BMS systems integrator doing the electrical installation and then in time you can move accroos to working with the software.

Try Following this link https://www.trendcontrols.com/en-GB/partners/Pages/UKIreland.aspx Pick your area and contact the Trend companies there, they will most likely have an installtion department.

Other BMS companies to look for are Siemens,Johnson controls,Trane,Andover Continuem,TAC. These will all in turn have there own systems integrators to contact.

Send your CV out to everyone and keep knocking on the door, it can be a stressfull job but is rewarding too.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget qualifications take a poor wage and learn by getting a job, to be honest the chances are that you ain't clever enough, stick to bending tube mate

Sorry, but do you know this chap???

On what do you base your assumptions???

If you dont have anything constructive to say, dont say anything!

I've worked on a number of BMS installations, colleges, laboratories, offices, etc.
I don't consider it particularly skilled or difficult.
The hardest thing, is learning the software, which is not any harder than learning to use any other software, such as Word, Excell or even Facebook.
For instance, an Air Pressure Switch used to monitor whether a fan is operating in an AIr Handeling Unit, is no different to the APSs used in washing machines or gas boilers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been working for a BMS install company for about a year now and once you understand the drawings its kind of easy! Everything is just wired as a radial circuit. The company I work for don't do the software side of things so don't really think that applies to installation but if you want to become a programming engineer then that a totally different ball game!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Reply to Help with learning BMS in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net