Discuss Help with light wiring. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Raptor0014

Esteemed
Reaction score
Morning all.

A friend sent these pics of his garage lights and I’m trying to fathom out how they are wired.

Each end of the garage has a 2G light switch. 1 switch does the main lights the other switch does the light above his workshop section.

From what I can see there is a 3 core taking the feed to the other switch on the side with only one wire in Common, L1 & L2

It’s throwing me looking at the other side as I am trying to work out how it is all being switched.
Help with light wiring. 52ECCBAF-AAE7-4FBB-9B12-015720CB6A86 - EletriciansForums.netHelp with light wiring. B19F7CFE-2623-46B3-B494-028A456364BD - EletriciansForums.net
I think I have worked it out right from the pics. Just wanted some confirmation from this with more experience.

I hate light circuits. ??
Help with light wiring. ECAD9EF2-4E1F-44A2-BE5B-36F3BFAA19BB - EletriciansForums.net

simple arrangement L and S/L to 1 2way switch. 3 core to 2nd switch. repeated for other light. just the 2 lights have their feed in/out at different switches.

looks OK to me. basically Lin to L1 and Lout from L2. with 3 core strappers to other switch. pretty standard arrangement.

None of the conductors connected to the switches are or should be neutral as indicated by the brown sleeving in the first photo.
Basically the brown/blue to the switches is permanent live/switched live return. The brown/black/grey between are common and two strappers. No neutral at switches.

As I said. I hate light circuits. ?

Reply to Help with light wiring. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock