Discuss help with motor in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
anyone able to help me with this motor?

its a dc motor with forced vent.

i am trying to find a suitable motor drive for it but the nameplate is confusing me.
anyone fancy deciphering it for me?

Attachments

• help with motor IMG_1303 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_1303.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 46
From what I found out online the G and N mean direct current, shunt. The A is to do with ventilation, the rest no idea. Try contacting Baumueller.

Last edited:
What's this motor going to be fitted in, they seem to be mainly used in Plastic injection moulding machines?

These are the DC drives for them;

Armature voltage, current, power, speed self explanatory.
Shunt wound. Err. = Erregung = excitation, 190V 2.8A
Schwinggüte SR = vibration class SR but I can't recall which EN this relates to.

Armature voltage, current, power, speed self explanatory.
Shunt wound. Err. = Erregung = excitation, 190V 2.8A
Schwinggüte SR = vibration class SR but I can't recall which EN this relates to.

so
130-400v is that a range? I am used to seeing max voltage shown on nameplate but never a minimum.

94-94 in A box is max current for any voltage?

suggests to me that the obscured part should read 10-34Kw

thanks for the err. didn't know that was the excitation voltage, but it makes sense now you have pointed it out.
[automerge]1582833001[/automerge]
basically it looks like a standard 3 phase 2 or 4 quadrant drive rated for 100A should suffice.

Thanks for everybody's input.

Yes, 94A at any armature voltage in the range 130-400V. i.e. constant max torque over 10-34kW output. I think the point with the minimum voltage is that the minimum rated speed (possibly specified by the machine makers) is 1000 rpm, and that is the voltage needed to achieve that speed. At lower speeds it might fall out of spec for torsional vibration etc.

Reply to help with motor in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock