Discuss Help with NIC supervision record? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bob Geldoff1234

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have my annual NIC inspection in a week and was getting all the documents together.
They have asked for CPD documents(continued personal development) which I have got no problem but they also now ask for a supervision record of employee's. I am just wondering how to word the document. It says 'Record of discussion,key points,actions,training needs,CPD record,etc" and then there's a big blank area to fill in.I am not sure how to word it so any ideas would be most helpful.

Hi Guys, I have my annual NIC inspection in a week and was getting all the documents together.
They have asked for CPD documents(continued personal development) which I have got no problem but they also now ask for a supervision record of employee's. I am just wondering how to word the document. It says 'Record of discussion,key points,actions,training needs,CPD record,etc" and then there's a big blank area to fill in.I am not sure how to word it so any ideas would be most helpful.
Is that for contractors? Not had anything like that mentioned for mine next Friday, but that's as a DI.

Is there anything on the NICEIC site in the contractors area? they sometimes have examples which can be copied....

I imagine it's just to show that new developments have been noted or discussed, particularly about things that have changed in the recent update.

Perhaps something like "Watched/read video/seminar/article from <industry source> on <topic> to keep abreast of current interpretation of practical implementation of BS7671. Ensure that consideration is given to <x> in future work."

It's mostly just to show that you are keeping abreast of new developments and adjusting internal procedures to fit, rather than just doing it the way you've always done it....

but do you have employees? if not, it's irrelevant.

but do you have employees? if not, it's irrelevant.
Yes I have one employee. This is a new thing that came in in April. I am an approved contractor but on the NIC website it doesn't seem to differentiate between the classes. This is yet more stupid paperwork. I am actually getting like gas Safe plumbers where it's getting too expensive and time consuming to be in the NIC .

Being a contributing member of this and any other relevant Forum's is part of your CPD, you could list the threads that you have read and contributed too, that should fill the space very quickly.

As Mike says you can list this forum as CPD ,also YouTube electrical videos,NICEIC’s videos you will get a certificate for those to present,efix,voltimum,reading BS7671 the osg or guidance notes ,does it not stand for continuous professional development ? These were all suggested by my area engineer from NiCEIC

Reply to Help with NIC supervision record? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net