Discuss Help with oven and microwave supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I'm hoping someone can help, I'm in the middle of putting new wiring in for my kitchen. I have a 3.8kw oven and 2.4kw microwave grill next to each other in a bank of tall larders, both requiring a 16amp supply.
Can I feed these of he same supply, if so what would be the best way to do it?

Thanks in advance

1 x 6.0mm cable on a 32A MCB to 45A cooker isolator. from load side to CCU for oven. from Live side spur off in 6.0mm to SFCU or single socket for microwave.

Thanks for your prompt reply, as explained the oven and microwave are in a bank of tall larders, is it ok to have this isolator in the cupboard above the microwave and oven?

BOOM! Telectrix does it again - and that’s why this is the best forum on the planet (Probably, though I’ve not partaken in another so I guess that’s just my opinion which also lays out my disclaimer!)

Thanks for your prompt reply, as explained the oven and microwave are in a bank of tall larders, is it ok to have this isolator in the cupboard above the microwave and oven?
yes

Both are 16a though, so single socket or fcu not adequate for microwave or more likely combi oven. I'm sticking to my plan on other thread for these scenarios.
Existing 6mm to 2way din enc, 2 b16 breakers within, feeding 20a dp switches and flex outlets, positioned as and where I need them, all run in 2.5mm cable.

Most single ovens manufactures instructions are now stating a fuse of 16amp, even had this on a 3000 watt oven a few weeks ago, to avoid issues with not following the manufactures instructions in the event of a faulty oven I would do as Bellendian has suggested.

Reply to Help with oven and microwave supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net