Discuss Help with pricing extensions in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Lads Just went self employed and pricing a few jobs from drawings for a builder, any help would be appreciated working in Glasgow area.

First job small extension to house only 1 bedroom in it with 3 d/sockets and 1 pendant thinking about £200 hopefully wire from existing if wiring ok and rcd fitted.

Second job renovation: replacing old kitchen room to a study room: wire 4 d/sockets, 2 pendants staying in same positions. electrics from old kitchen to be stripped out or re-used.
Utility Room: wire d.p switches and unsw sockets for 3 appliances which are in place already. wire 2 extra d/sockets, wire 4 downlights (mains low energy). Pricing material 2moro but thinking round about £400.
House definetly has a split load board and basement underneath for access, done a job a few years ago in the house for a company.

It's difficult to price a job without seeing it but if you're just starting out, you need to get your hourly rate sorted and work out how long you think the job will take you. Account for any problems you may potentially encounter and add on for your materials and other expenses. From that you should be able to calculate your pre tax profit.
You should double check the RCD situation and bonding before hand as these can have a big impact on the cost of a job. If you are able to quote accurately for this builder and keep your prices competitive then you are quids in as he/she is likely to throw work your way in the future.

your prices seem a bit low to me. 1st job i would think £200 + materials. 2nd job i would think at least 2 days.. £450 + materials. don't forget the testing and paperwork take time.

Reply to Help with pricing extensions in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net