• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Help with Scottish Qualifications in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tyson Fury

New EF Member
Hello, so I have recently decided that I wish to partake upon the task of becoming a qualified electrician (I know it's a pretty lengthy process). However, I am 26 years old and have been told that attaining an apprenticeship in the central belt of Scotland will be hard due to my age. I am simply doing an NQ course this year and find it easy (obviously) and probably going to end up doing an NC course next year.

What are your thoughts? What qualifications should I attempt? What are my best options? I am currently sitting a higher maths course in the evening in order to show some initiative and improve my maths, and going to attempt to do a higher physics course alongside my NC course next year. I have to pay for my courses due to being from England, though that doesn't really bother me at all.

Thank you for any input that you may have. I greatly appreciate it.

Tyson Fury

New EF Member
Thank you very much. Probably won’t be for another year that I do apply to become an apprentice though as deciding to do another year on a level 6 electrical course a few towns away in order to really solidify what I’ve been taught. Thank you and I shall check out the website. Think I’ve checked it out a few days ago and applied for the SECCT apprenticeship test

richy3333

Forum Mentor
Its my understanding that to do the apprenticeship course you have to be employed by a company to see you through the course. Block release. There is also an adult version but I don't know how you get on this.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.