Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss help with setting up own business in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stokie1000

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

i would like to start my own electrician business basically doing industrial, commercial and a little domestic work, i was just wondering where to start and what to do about it

i have completed an apprenticeship doing mainly commercial and industrial work and have got 16th edition regs (have not got around to doing 17th edition yet) and i havent got 2391 either

do i need to get them 2 before i start up,

thanks in advance

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
C

Cirrus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Makes sense to get 17th update as soon as you can really but not a reason NOT to start up on your own. As for 2391 - up to you. I would say yes because you need to be able to test your own work confidently and competently. However, if you can a;ready test then you do not need 2391 to join NIC/Napit/ Elecsa etc and sign your own work off.

S

stokie1000

i can test, just aint got 2391, are nic or napit best, and how much is it a year, is it just as simple as going through nic and getting a van and im away or is it all strung out

C

CUDABOY

im using estate car till i can afford tidy van, just a thought?:D

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Reply to help with setting up own business in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom