Discuss Help with shed wiring in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Gary Holmes

hi
I am going to re-wire my shed as it's a mess
I have installed a c/u see picture .ignore wiring in it . That's just me playing about fitting cable in it to see how it's done
What I now need to know is how I wire everything up . I have attached a drawing of how the set up wants to be . Could some one draw me wiring to ensure it is wired up correctly . Using basic terminology as in live. Earth and neutral
Thanks

Help with shed wiring IMG_5238.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Help with shed wiring IMG_5239.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Is this the same place as your previous thread (garage) or is this a seperate building, if its the same can you please keep to one thread discussing the same subject and not open multiple threads.

Secondly - We as a forum have a diy section and members status so members can help out with those simple diy tasks that just require a little advice from a more experienced source, we also need to ensure the safety of the DIYer and that of his property and family in the advice we give, when you start to ask for a step by step guide to wiring out a shed and/or garage then it goes beyond what our DIY section is about, considering the lengthy list of questions, the work you are undertaking then I would strongly recommend you bring a competent Electrician onboard.

Wiring supplies out to sheds and garages is really not a DIY task and should be done at a minimum, under the supervision of a competent person and I don't mean through a forum, the supply type and earthing arrangement of the property can mean you have to carry out extra work to ensure compliance.
During and after work is complete it should be subject to testing to ensure its both safe and compliant, without a multi-tester or several individual testers then this wont be possible, even if you can aquire such testing equipment it comes down to knowing how to interpret the readings.

It is on this note that I advise you to bring your own competent electrician on board if only to guide you in the work your doing and to commision the installation after, looking through the pictures and reading your posts, there are a lot of areas I would consider need checking that you have done them correctly and they test through, family and property safety is not worth risking on saving a few quid.

Please take this as constructive advice, the level of questioning you ask is very basic even for a DIY so it does concern me about other parts of the install that usually are not recommended as a DIY project.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
Ill close the thread for the time, please PM me if you wish to discuss my post and reasons to close the thread.

Reply to Help with shed wiring in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock