Discuss Henley block - fuse box - what wire etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

militis

Need help, I need to supply a 4th floor flat from a basement flat off the same meter, there is the main fuse then the meter.
I was going to put a henly block after the meter then straight up 4 floors to a fuse box, I think I need an RCD before it makes its journey up, don't know the cable I will need, just a bit lost in general would appreciate any advice.

You could try this method, are you sure its the 4th floor flat and not the loft space.... I have even got this cable spare now, about 40 meters of it... Seemed to work ok for them.

2014-11-06 10.50.30.jpg

The OP is a builder but holds all the qualifications to know how to do this work correctly...

We live in scary times when this kind of question is asked by a qualified person IMHO

' I think I need an RCD before it makes its journey up, don't know the cable I will need. '

What does it say in your copy of the BS7671?... We are happy to guide you but we are not going to hand feed you the answers to something you should already know, explain what part of the BS7671 is confusing you and we will explain it.

I think you need a competent person in to at least direct you and ensure you do this correctly, knowing how to do this is crucial for your Inspection and Testing qualification you hold - how can you be expected to do an Inspection if you don't know what to look for?

Last edited:
Scary indeed!! Just remember this guy is going to be on website competent person listings and god knows what else, all because he's paid 500 notes to a Scam Provider!! Qualified, My arse!!

4th floor supply

I posted before about supplying 4th floor from basement, thanks for any help given, thanks to all the clever electricians that said I should know how to do this.
I am going to use a Henley block to split it then a rdc because I am not happy with installation method of wire, 25m wire straight up to the 4th floor.
The volt drop on 16m wire would be fine but I am not quite sure of the load yet.
I am going to use 25m armoured wire straight from the rcd up to the 4th floor in to the new fuse box, I will check the ze before connecting the fuse box then a complete re wire of the flat.
I wanted a second opinion because I am a builder and I have only just started doing my own electrical work, I have a time served electrician that works with me but I still like different opinions I thought that's what a forum was I would help anyone in anyway I can without any stuck up remarks.

MILITIS

Threads merged. No need to start a new thread on the same topic.

So you're a builder who is qualified to carry out electrical work, who is a member of a r£gulatory body and has a copy of BS7671. You have a qualified electrician at your disposal and you don't see anything wrong with anything you've posted?
Have I got that just about right?

Re: 4th floor supply

The volt drop on 16m wire would be fine but I am not quite sure of the load yet.

The formula I use for volt drop requires the load to be known. Can you let me know how you worked this out without knowing the load.

Basement to 4th floor

(mv/a/m)*LB*Length/1000

I made a ruff estimate of load and decided to go with 25mm
I joined this forum for some help, my electrician that works for me said that some sparks think there something special, I only wanted a bit of advise not a load of arrogant ****s taking the ****.

Cheers for any genuine reply's

No more reply's please get a ****ing life I will stick to getting my answers for my sparks who's a decent fellow and the BS7671

MILITS

I posted before about supplying 4th floor from basement, thanks for any help given, thanks to all the clever electricians that said I should know how to do this.
I am going to use a Henley block to split it then a rdc because I am not happy with installation method of wire, 25m wire straight up to the 4th floor.
I am going to use 25m armoured wire straight from the rcd up to the 4th floor in to the new fuse box, I will check the ze before connecting the fuse box then a complete re wire of the flat.
I wanted a second opinion because I am a builder and I have only just started doing my own electrical work, I have a time served electrician that works with me but I still like different opinions I thought that's what a forum was I would help anyone in anyway I can without any stuck up remarks.

MILITIS

If you have time served electricians working for you, why not ask them ??/

No wrong go on the nearest electrical forum and ask on there lol

Reply to Henley block - fuse box - what wire etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net