Discuss Hey guys! Need advice. Been off tools for ages.... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello world
So basically I’m 32 years old, I trained to be a sparky back when I was 18, and pretty much went straight into my dads fire alarm company for around 7/8 years.
I decided to then sod it all off and go see the world.... well 5 years later I’ve returned and am now brushing off the dust of my old tools and books, and contemplating getting back into the land of electricity again.
So i am feeling a bit rusty when it comes to domestic installations and testing etc.
does anyone have any advice in a course that will get me back in the game? I know the 18th edition is a must, and I also know that hands on experience is a no brainier, I’m just wondering if they would be enough?

any help will be much appreciated

cheers

5 years not that much has changed really

SPDs in consumer units , rcd everything , metal boards , metal fixings

think that covers everything
you forgot plug-in cars. like meccano but grown up with some amstrad electronics to break down 2 days aafter the guarantee runs out and give grief.

Cheers for the info ?
I think the main issue is that I stuck to fire alarms and emergency lights, rather than typical domestic installations for such a long time, Ive Lost a bit of confidence when it comes to the main stuff, I’m hoping that doing the 18th edition will help me get back on track ?

Cheers for the info ?
I think the main issue is that I stuck to fire alarms and emergency lights, rather than typical domestic installations for such a long time, Ive Lost a bit of confidence when it comes to the main stuff, I’m hoping that doing the 18th edition will help me get back on track ?
Yes mate same for me being doing fire alarm and emergency lighting in oz last ten years looking to get ECS card to get going in electrical industry again ,can’t get the ECS card as awaiting national insurance number being originally from Ireland such a slow process

Reply to Hey guys! Need advice. Been off tools for ages.... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock