Discuss Hf ballasts faults in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tosh

Having major problems at a job we done less than a year ago, we've had 20 odd failed light fittings , there 28watt 2d lamp fittings all seems to have been in the first area we done so supplier is saying must be bad batch of ballasts client is saying faulty wiring, wiring is existing and lights changed over for new type of light, my consern is that the fittings have a Phillips hf red matchbox ballast witch on it doesn't mention it powers a 28w 2d lamp the max it states is 24watt!!!! But Phillips are saying these ballasts are designed to run this lamp?? But y not specify it on the ballast then, has anybody else had any such problems

who paired up the lamps with the light fittings, were they wrapped up inside the fittings when bought or obtained separate in another delivery/ shop visit?

Ratings don't match up so would think this has worn out the internal gear....

- - - Updated - - -

look to see what lamps are in the ones which are still working.....?

Noticed this before with some H/F ballasts,it doesnt always list the type of lamp in the luminaire....but if the manufactures are stating they are correct then they will be.
Bad batch seems to be most likely....question to kick up on is who is paying to change them?....why should you have to waste your time doing it?

Phillips are the start of the manufacturers reducing the ratings of their ballasts, even though they are going to be running the same wattage of lamp. I have also been advised that the ballast says 24W but is for the 28W fitting. However, we have a site where they are going through 2D tridonic ballasts like no tomorrow, I am convinced that when the lamps are popping they are taking the ballasts out to.

Hi folks thanks for the replies , am thinking must be a bad batch, the fittings were specked bye the client and supplied via there designated supplier, the supplier is a 3rd party and buys the fittings in and adds there label to them , so it's a big circle n nobody's taking the blame, they have sent out many replacements free of charge , the job will be a year old in 2 months and another fitting has went and the client is worried that when the years warranty is up they'll end up with a lot of duff fittings

well i think as you dint order them , that doesnt come under your warrenty, but explain to client maybe to start changing as they burn out..

is the best you can do..

Reply to Hf ballasts faults in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net