Discuss Hi.2330 Level 3 or not? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

Noom

Hi all
Interesting site
I am currently on my final exams for Level Year2 2330.
Do you think this will equipe me to go on to the 17th and 2391?
I don't fancy spending another year doing Level 3 because the tutors are saying the pass rate is only 40 odd percent.Anyway,most jobs i've seen require the 17th and 2391 and not much emphasis placed on L3

A big IF I may add.Considering my past written exams i'm not too hopefull.
and I don't mean the pass mark is 40.The amount of people who pass is 40,and 70 precent drop out rate.Maybe my college is bad? Is this normal

2330 Level 3 Provides a good knowledge ready to do 2391 from the parts of the course ive seen.

hi if where you if ya dont fancy doin 2330 level 3 go and do the new qualificatian 2392 tht will teach you some good testing skills tht will set you up for the 2391 ;-)

I have heard of the 2392,but isn't that much of the same as L2.R1,R2,Rings,Bonding etc..
Is the 2391 a theory test,or is there a practical as well.
I was hoping to buy the testing book and learn it myself,and when ready apply for the course.
From what I know the course is about 5 days,and doubt you can barely learn much in that time.
If there is a practical it would make things a bit more difficult,bacase I don't have access to any of the test equipment/rig

no the 2392 is nothin like 2330 level 2 2392 explains how to test new installations witch will but you on ya way for the 2391, the books you need for testing is guidence note 3, onsite guide, you could do with gettin 17th edition aswell but gn3 shows in detail how to test properly also it mite be worth ya wile gettin the NICEIC dvd on inital varifacation for inspection and testing, theres aslo a book on testing buy anthony hinsley witch covers 3 phase systems hope this help ;-)

does anyone know if there is a new (8th) edition out of this book out which includes any 17th Ed updates?? I have tried looking around on amzon/internet but no contact details found for either Anthony Hinsley himself or CastleKnight Publications ??!
[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Testing-Electrical-Installations-practical-electricians/dp/2952413835]Testing Electrical Installations A practical guide for electricians: Amazon.co.uk: Anthony Hinsley, Paul Hurt & Anthony Hinsley: Books[/ame]

A big IF I may add.Considering my past written exams i'm not too hopefull.
and I don't mean the pass mark is 40.The amount of people who pass is 40,and 70 precent drop out rate.Maybe my college is bad? Is this normal
if you are worried about passing 2330 level 3 i wouldnt even consider 2391 as an option as they are worlds apart :eek:
youve completed 2 years, to skip the third would make the last 2 years a waste of time in my eyes as a partially completed course is pretty worthless :confused:
best of luck with whatever you decide ;)

if you are worried about passing 2330 level 3 i wouldnt even consider 2391 as an option as they are worlds apart :eek:

I'll be going straight onto the 17th,and 2391 exams after.
Have you done L3 flukey.i have the 2391 testing book ,and it doesn't seem much different from the 2330 302 unit on I&T

Wouldn't of thought that the 2330 level 2 on its own was worth much as in term of getting on in a new job, might be wrong???

If you're struggling with the written exams, then you're going to come unstuck when you sit down and do the 2392 or 2391.

Last edited:
The 2392 is an easy L2 5 day multi guess test.Mt tutor said do the 2330 and go onto the 2391.
I posted this thread about a year ago,and now finding it not as difficult as I thought

I'll be going straight onto the 17th,and 2391 exams after.
Have you done L3 flukey.i have the 2391 testing book ,and it doesn't seem much different from the 2330 302 unit on I&T
hi noom,
yes i have done both level 3 2330 and 2391 and can vouch for them being worlds apart :eek: bear in mind 2330 is open book and multiple choice whereas 2391 is closed book and all from memory ;)

They are both Level 3 courses in grading though.It is not if it is a level 5 course.
I know the 2391 isn't easy,mainly due to the ludicrous pass mark- is it 80%?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Hi.2330 Level 3 or not? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock