Discuss DIY plug sockets and lights in my house in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shaungt4

DIY
Reaction score
No blue wires so bit confused any help would be great thank you 16014087662357859085720230851447.jpg

TL;DR
Help wiring this please DIY job done all sockets and lights which was straight forward this triple switch bit tricker as there no blue wires lol all got brown in

Attachments

• 1601408790486508720706482336355.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 33
For "com" use "L" on your new switch.
[automerge]1601497252[/automerge]
Don't forget to connect the earth wire into the earth terminĂ l on the switch plate.

No blue wires so bit confused any help would be great thank you

Please don't depend on the colour of your wires when needing to identify them. You can see for yourself here that they're not always what it seems. It's VERY common (from what I've seen) for blue cores to be used as switch lives, if you assumed they were neutral in those cases you'd be in for an awakening.

Reply to DIY plug sockets and lights in my house in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Corby 7700 trouser press it is a 220w model, 3 years 10 month old. On Friday it stopped working, so I took it to the garage ready...
Replies
Views
DIY ENTHUSIAST NEW FORUM MEMBER. I took a photograph of the old wiring set up( which was working) and used it as a guide for wiring the new one...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for DIY electrical advice. I have 7 x spots, and each are fitted with 1 x T&E connector block fitting [see photo]. In the past...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, after temporary removing a Sonoff that I've installed years ago to do some painting, I'm unable to get everything back to work. I've...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock