Discuss Hi all, new member and enthusiast in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Here to say Hi from Byfleet, Surrey! I've retired from my last job at 52 and sitting on my laurels has me itching to get on with another job. I'm looking for working with my head and my hands and I have picked up a passion for doing electrics.

I'm a keen DIY'er so have done smaller jobs like put a few extra plugs on the ring, changed all plug and light switches, shed wiring for plugs and lights and absorbing information wherever I can. So I get to the just out of reach golden amulet of 'proper training'. Now at face value no-one is going to take me on at 52 for an apprenticeship so looks like it's going to be the much revered shorter courses and any work I can get, so please dont judge, just wish me luck 😁🥰

welcome to the forum and good luck with your learning.

Welcome to the forum.
House rules.

1. Don’t take anything to heart. Banter is part of the admission

2. Anything you find a little off, by any member can be reported. An admin will see it and act accordingly.

3. Listen to advice. There are many instances where questions were asked, options given, and the person went ahead with the most dangerous thing they could think of!

4. If you could throw in the odd song lyric, or quote from a film into your messages… there are many of that will silently laugh to ourselves.

5. Cheesecake. Bring cheesecake. (By special request)

6. Dan is big chief. Lou is little chief. The rest of us are just allowed to be here.

Welcome to the forum.
House rules.

6. Dan is big chief. Lou is little chief. The rest of us are just allowed to be here.

@Dan I bet you didn't know that you are now higher in the pecking order than your wife, I wouldn't publicise it too much though because she might get to hear about it!!!

Welcome to the forum.
House rules.

1. Don’t take anything to heart. Banter is part of the admission

2. Anything you find a little off, by any member can be reported. An admin will see it and act accordingly.

3. Listen to advice. There are many instances where questions were asked, options given, and the person went ahead with the most dangerous thing they could think of!

4. If you could throw in the odd song lyric, or quote from a film into your messages… there are many of that will silently laugh to ourselves.

5. Cheesecake. Bring cheesecake. (By special request)

Thanks for the awesome house rules, I'll get the wife to make some cheese cake but its fair to let you know she can burn spaghetti!

Nice to have another Surrey lad on the EF , I have done a few rewires over the years around the Byfleet and Pyrford area but not so much lately

52 is no age and I am sure you will find a job in the trade soon

@Dan I bet you didn't know that you are now higher in the pecking order than your wife, I wouldn't publicise it too much though because she might get to hear about it!!!
lou got a laptop in the kitchen then??? 😘😘🤣🤣🤣

Here to say Hi from Byfleet, Surrey! I've retired from my last job at 52 and sitting on my laurels has me itching to get on with another job. I'm looking for working with my head and my hands and I have picked up a passion for doing electrics.

I'm a keen DIY'er so have done smaller jobs like put a few extra plugs on the ring, changed all plug and light switches, shed wiring for plugs and lights and absorbing information wherever I can. So I get to the just out of reach golden amulet of 'proper training'. Now at face value no-one is going to take me on at 52 for an apprenticeship so looks like it's going to be the much revered shorter courses and any work I can get, so please dont judge, just wish me luck 😁🥰
start with doing the wiring regs course iee 18th edition

Reply to Hi all, new member and enthusiast in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net