Discuss Hi All in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kekmo

Hi everyone
My name is Keven I'm an Electrician from Perth Australia
I'm Moving to Glasgow at the end of Feb 2009.
I can't make any sense of how things work in the uk.
as far as what you need to be self employed as an electrician in the uk
in australia i have a workers licence that all electricians have but to work for my self i have a contractors licence. every job i do i fill or a form that i then send to the supply authority to say i have done and tested the work.
if any one can help me work out how it works over there it would be a great help. some people are telling me i need a sjib card others are telling me i need a ecs I just don't know
Thanks
Keven :)

Hi everyone
My name is Keven I'm an Electrician from Perth Australia
I'm Moving to Glasgow at the end of Feb 2009.
I can't make any sense of how things work in the uk.
as far as what you need to be self employed as an electrician in the uk
in australia i have a workers licence that all electricians have but to work for my self i have a contractors licence. every job i do i fill or a form that i then send to the supply authority to say i have done and tested the work.
if any one can help me work out how it works over there it would be a great help. some people are telling me i need a sjib card others are telling me i need a ecs I just don't know
Thanks
Keven :)

Hi Keven and Welcome!

You could try contacting Select in Scotland (Scotlands Electrical Trade Association) who may be able to give you more advice of what you would need to do when you get to Glasgow?

SELECT - Scotland's Electrical Trade Association

Scotland have a slightly different system to England and Wales on how work is notified.

By the way, I hope you like to live life in the fast lane because Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow is 24/7 !! :)

I have worked up there many of times and had the hangovers to prove it! :p

Good Luck! ;)

Warren

Reply to Hi All in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net