Discuss Hi everyone....any suggestions very welome.. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MacSparky

Hi all, this is a quick hi to all members alike. I haven't been in the game as long as most...about 4 years now and just about to finish year 2 of the 2330 course, i have also booked to take the 2382 exam in 5 weeks and am quite nervous as i really want this one under my belt. I'm just 36 years and have done the house bashing and worked on a few construction sites running tray/trunking etc and 1st/2nd fix. I work as a full time firefighter and decided to get into something else that gets the juices flowing....i know that sounds a bit sad but since starting this 4 years ago i seem to have developed an insatiable appetite for wanting to know more...(damn i wish i listened to my parents when i was younger) lol, anyway thats me thus far if ya wanna know any more then ill be pleased to chat and if theres any good advice that might help ie.. essential qualifications to have or career path suggestions then i'm all ears.
Thanks for taking out time to read this.

MacSparky:)

Hi Mac,

Welcome to the site/forum. Good luck with your exams. You probably already know all you need to know but just putting undue pressure on yourself. That's natural.

Can't give you any advice as I'm even less experienced than you. Been in this game about...

1 day :) (seriously)

Mac,

you taking the full 2382 or just the update

remember, a lot of the regs questions are about finding answers in a book. Theres not many questions that ask you to EVALUATE answers

what i meen is, and bugger can do the regs, it doenst really test your electrical knowledge (or luck of it):)

and welcome aboard!!!

Welcome Mac,
The others have said it all, so I'll just say good luck with it (doing my 2382-20 in 3 weeks time).
Get loads done in the 4 days off cant you;)

Hi Bane, your spot on with the 'undue pressure' observation., knowing about it is one thing but dealing with it is another lol, and Tony i'm taking the complete exam as i have never taken the older version previously; (maybe thats contributing towards some of the pressure Bane!)
Hi Easyfox, let us know how you get on with the exam, it will be good to hear what your thoughts are on it, btw how did you choose to study for it? i took the home study route.
Regards
MacSparky

good luck, keep up the good work, 1 thing 4 sure you will never stop learning. As for quilifictions 2330 to level 3, NVQ 3 and once you have done then test n inspection, you need at least the 1st two to be recognised as a full sparky. keep at it :)

good luck, keep up the good work, 1 thing 4 sure you will never stop learning. As for quilifictions 2330 to level 3, NVQ 3 and once you have done then test n inspection, you need at least the 1st two to be recognised as a full sparky. keep at it :)

well i guess that confirms it then, i aint a full sparky:eek::eek:

Reply to Hi everyone....any suggestions very welome.. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock