Discuss Hi everyone in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all
I’m Carlos and wanted to join the forum to get some knowledge and advice from members, I’m not an electrician but currently looking into some courses that I’m considering starting, I’ve done a couple of little projects in my own home, look forward to broadening my knowledge.

Welcome to the asylum mate.
What courses are you looking at?

garlic mushroom starter; rare sirloin marinated in tandoori sauce with chips, mushrooms, onion rings main course; raspberry cheese cake dessert. with a couple of bottles of Merlot or Shiraz.
, of course.

Last edited:
garlic mushroom starter; rare sirloin marinated in tandoori sauce with chips, mushrooms, onion rings main course; raspberry cheese cake dessert. with a couple of bottles of Merlot or Shiraz.
, of course.

Id change the starter to 'spicy chicken livers', although 'garlic mushrooms' are really nice, and the dessert to 'lemon cheesecake' again I wouldn't turn down 'raspberry cheesecake'.

American fruit Cheesecake is an abomination, real Cheesecake has raisins and clotted cheese not a smooth cream filling and not on a biscuit base and its baked in an oven. ?

Now spicy chicken livers or rollmops, stuffed lambs hearts or blue fillet steak, desert as above and all washed down with a French Merlot or even a Claret.

rollmops? that's some sort of herring? YUK. I'd need a bucket.

????
thanks for the welcome guys, I’d probably prefer the courses @telectrix suggested, but in all seriousness I was looking at the 4 step package course by city and guilds. Just not sure how I would fit it in with my current job at the moment, it’s one of them things I’ve been considering for while now, I’ll take the leap of faith one day soon hopefully.

on the other hand I’ve actually got a family member that enrolled for some plumbing courses as well as a electrician course which he is no longer interested in the electrician course, which he says he can let me have for a really really good price compared to what he paid if I wanted it, but I’m not sure about the course, I’ve screenshoted what’s offered by it but the c&g route seems to be more the mainstream, what do you guys think

Attachments

• Hi everyone 56A66E3E-4F6F-4CE5-A73B-6531CF9A1EFF - EletriciansForums.net
    56A66E3E-4F6F-4CE5-A73B-6531CF9A1EFF.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 6
Stick with the C&G course, it is recognised by the trade, to be honest your family member is not doing you a favour, just trying to offset their costs.

What worries me with that course is they are offering Part P as a qualification, it's no such thing, it's a regulation not a qualification.

Can I suggest a nice calamari starter?

Oh, and welcome to the site ?

What worries me with that course is they are offering Part P as a qualification, it's no such thing, it's a regulation not a qualification.

I'm not sure this statement is true.

City and Guilds offer a course resulting in a qualification that shows a person is well versed in the regulations relating to part P of the building regulations.

In a similar vein, BS7671 is a set of regulations with a corresponding qualification, that would show the person is well versed in those regulations.

What's the difference?

IMO Qualified means that someone has taken an accredited examination and passed to the satisfaction of the accrediting body, not that you have sat in a room of some company offering to give you a qualification.

Reply to Hi everyone in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock