Discuss Hi guys, has anyone got a fix for clipsal saturn series mech on a 2 way light staying dim when off? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have run new cables, segregated the SDI cable running back, so the LED will switch independently and have also installed a capacitor, since I was informed that would be a fix but it bursts light. The picture shows bottom mech with the switch on and bottom mech with the switch off. Thanks so much in advance.

Attachments

• Hi guys, has anyone got a fix for clipsal saturn series mech on a 2 way light staying dim when off? 20211020_113457 - EletriciansForums.net
    20211020_113457.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 8

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ah. Ok. You may be better asking on an Oz forum then.
We’re an international forum. Didn’t you get the memo? ?

I’m sure we have other members from down under… just wait and see.

A two way circuit is a two way circuit wherever you are in the world, (except US, where it’s a 3-way) so it might be the old induced voltage with cables running together.

I would have to look up specs of the fitting, as I don’t know what the SDI cable does.

OP
C
Reaction score
We’re an international forum. Didn’t you get the memo? ?

I’m sure we have other members from down under… just wait and see.

A two way circuit is a two way circuit wherever you are in the world, (except US, where it’s a 3-way) so it might be the old induced voltage with cables running together.

I would have to look up specs of the fitting, as I don’t know what the SDI cable does.
The SDI is just so when you turn the light on the LED around the mech is on.

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have run new cables, segregated the SDI cable running back, so the LED will switch independently and have also installed a capacitor, since I was informed that would be a fix but it bursts light. The picture shows bottom mech with the switch on and bottom mech with the switch off. Thanks so much in advance.
Hi
Thanks for joining our forum.
Have you managed to fix your issue?

Reply to Hi guys, has anyone got a fix for clipsal saturn series mech on a 2 way light staying dim when off? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net