Discuss Hi help on a tt system with the board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Lovell1991

I'm an electrician but never work on tt systems , my girlfriends parents need some work doing and asked me to help . They currently have a board In switch a 100 am rcd but no main switch to isolate the board . Does the main switch have to be enclosed in the board or can it be in its own enclosure next to the board as there is no spare ways and save them money on a new board ?Thank you

Hi Lovell1991 and welcome to the forum !
Do you mean that you have a 100ma 100amp rcd as the main switch in the board at the moment ?

a bit more detail with a photo would help.

No problem having an up front RCD also acting as the means of mains isolation to the CU so long as it's current rating is suitable!! The DP switch section of the RCD will have the same characteristics as a typical main switch isolator

You really need to change the existing CU to a 17th ed configuration board which at the very least gives you two sections of the CU protected by 2 X 30Ma RCD devices, and it will also be prudent to install a 100mA S type RCD up front, as an added safety measure to any UK TT system!!

Better still, get your girlfriends parents to check if a PME connection is available from the local DNO!!

Reply to Hi help on a tt system with the board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock