Discuss Electric Car Charging in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi i need some info on a few electrick parts for a electric car any help would be so greatfull
[automerge]1573401889[/automerge]
Hi i need some info on a few electrick parts for a electric car any help would be so greatfull

I have a Peugeot Expert fully electric
3 phase input
But the inverted are fluxuant from 200v /400v
Then a converter that's 288v input and output of 12v 50a I'm lost help lol

Attachments

• 20191108_175158.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20191108_175158.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20191108_175218.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20191108_175203.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20191108_175221.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I doubt you'll buy any parts anywhere other than Peugeot.
And if you did try replacing them yourself you could do untold damage to either the car or yourself or both.
Hi thanks for your reply
Could you help me with the converter and the inverter.
Ie what input is the converter it states 288v input and output 12v 50a
Could I plug this into the mains 240 input and it converts to 12v 50a

The Zivan NG1 is a "DC" to "DC" converter if you feed it directly with 240V AC mains, it might fail gracefully, it might go bang loudly & smoke, I certainly would not try!

If you don't know the difference between Ac and DC then I would recommend you don't do anything as you will either A set something on fire, B possibly kill yourself.

If you don't know the difference between Ac and DC then I would recommend you don't do anything as you will either A set something on fire, B possibly kill yourself.
Actual current
Direct current
[automerge]1573406561[/automerge]
Actual current
Direct current
Just looking for a comformation
As this has a converter on it that I'm unsure how it works hense questions .
And a inverter that input will go from 200v to 415v just need some info thanks
[automerge]1573406637[/automerge]
Actual current
Direct current
[automerge]1573406561[/automerge]

Just looking for a comformation
As this has a converter on it that I'm unsure how it works hense questions .
And a inverter that input will go from 200v to 415v just need some info thanks
So as for the inverter can this be plugged in to single phase 240v

AC does not standard for Actual Current. It stands for alternating current. Have a quick Internet search on AC and you will see that it varies polarity several times every second, whereas DC is a steady level all the time at a constant polarity.

You have already had good advice on whether you should plug it into an AC mains supply.

AC does not standard for Actual Current. It stands for alternating current.

You have already had good advice on whether you should plug it into an AC mains supply.
I'm referring to the inverter not the converter
[automerge]1573407016[/automerge]

[automerge]1573407045[/automerge]
I'm referring to the inverter not the converter
[automerge]1573407016[/automerge]

Attachments

• 20191108_175221.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 10
An inverter would normally convert a DC input to an AC output. Is this what your device is intended for?

Well, that's why I am saying that an inverter normally takes a DC input and converts it to an AC output.

The only way to safely use this vehicle is to use the Charger supplied with or for it.

If the only charger / charging lead available is only for a 3 phase supply and you don't have access to that at home or work then this van is no good for you.

If there is a charger or charging lead for 240volt , then you need that.

I've already seen the picture. Can you confirm what the inverter is intended to do, ie. What is it feeding?

I've already seen the picture. Can you confirm what the inverter is intended to do, ie. What is it feeding?
I'm not sure and I cant get technical data from anyone.
I believe it's a single to 3 phase inverter supplying the converter in original picks to charge batterys for the van

Looks like a company called Nidec bought Ansaldo - I would try contacting them.

Reply to Electric Car Charging in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net