Discuss Hi There! - Introducing Myself in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I2C

-
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm new to the forum and would like to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Chris and I work as a self-employed electrician in East Sussex (UK) on predominantly domestic properties, but I have also done a little work on commercial and light-industrial systems in the past.

Electronics is also my biggest pastime - working on a wide-range of projects and learning more about various components, sensors, communications, micro-controllers, PCBs, etc. Electronic theory is also something I enjoy. I have a broad knowledge on most electrical subjects with great knowledge on some topics (backed up by qualifications), however I don't know everything and I'm always learning more every day.

I also have an extensive background in plumbing & heating, both domestic and commercial. It's not something I enjoy (compared to electrical) but I'm happy to help where it's relevant.

For those of you who might be wondering about my username "I2C" (pronounced: I-squared-C) is a form of serial communication in electronics as a way of sharing information between electronic components, so it seemed appropriate for this forum considering we are all communicating with each other and sharing information.

Most of all, it's good to meet everyone!
- Chris

Last edited:
Welcome in I2C, sounds like you’ll enjoy the banter. Get involved as many hands make light work. Don’t forget the archives go back to 2008 so you’ll never be bored of the learning, there are some gem threads in there!

Welcome in I2C, sounds like you’ll enjoy the banter. Get involved as many hands make light work. Don’t forget the archives go back to 2008 so you’ll never be bored of the learning, there are some gem threads in there!

Cheers Rpa07!
This forum seems like a great community, I can't wait to learn more and have a laugh with you guys.

Welcome I2C ,
All aboard the bus !
...There is always a new standard/protocol round the corner ..Canbus

Just waiting for the 18th Edition... alongside the rest :tearsofjoy:
Cheers static zap!

Reply to Hi There! - Introducing Myself in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net