Discuss hi, this must make me an old newbie. used the forum for advice before but never joined in. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gobster

ive had my 2391 for 7 years and my quals for over twenty. saw an eicr the other day that gave a c3 for terminating stranded and unstranded cables together in a socket, ie using singles to earth backboxes in a t&e circuit. ive been doing that for years. have i missed something. try not to get involved with t&e too much. do i have to wago them now? ta

as long as the connections are sound, can't see a problem. if you were using fine stranded cable for the fly lead, then it should be ferruled.

as long as the connections are sound, can't see a problem. if you were using fine stranded cable for the fly lead, then it should be ferruled.
why would we get a c3 on this. this is an installation of mine where the builder got kicked of the job completely. i earthed the backboxes to the socket with 2.5 singles and there was only one earth termination on the socket. her new sparks done the eicr and pulled that on every backbox. Hes only young as well, i think shes trying to bump me

why would we get a c3 on this. this is an installation of mine where the builder got kicked of the job completely. i earthed the backboxes to the socket with 2.5 singles and there was only one earth termination on the socket. her new sparks done the eicr and pulled that on every backbox. Hes only young as well, i think shes trying to bump me
does putting a ferrule on really give a better connection? i was taught that you should never put together two solid conductors of different csa. would ferruling not make it thicker? i appreiciate what you say about fine stranded but this is standard singles

as it's not necessary to fit sa fly lead to the back box, there's no way anyone can pull youupon that. as for the single earth terminal, 2 are only required when the circuit is required to be hi-integrity earthing,e.g on computer sockets, in an office environment.

I can't understand why an EICR was done on a new installation, or was it just an extension of an existing circuit. And how did cables get mixed? I.E. Stranded and singles? Think i'm a bit wagoed too now.

I can't understand why an EICR was done on a new installation, or was it just an extension of an existing circuit. And how did cables get mixed? I.E. Stranded and singles? Think i'm a bit wagoed too now.
I was Wageod from the outset. does that mean I'm maintenance free?

as i read the op, he's used T/E for the circuit (solid) and 7 strand fly lead.

IMO you can not code this situation, show me a reg that states no stranded with solid core.?
thats what i thought, from a physical point of view i would have thought you would get a higher surface area contact from solid to stranded and therefore a better earth

Reply to hi, this must make me an old newbie. used the forum for advice before but never joined in. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net