Hi

Discuss Hi in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

skystorm

Hi all just joined and gonna have a look around I have decided on a change of career and have looked with serious consideration as becoming an electrician.(I done my apprentship in 1985 then joined the Forces, has a lot changed)
Is there any advice or are there any up adted books i can read in order to give myself a head start please. I have electrical knowledge a long time ago.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, just coming out after 22 yrs?

What apprenticeship did you do, and what trade were you in the mob? You done a resettlement courses?

i teach for a private training company (EAL Domestic installers, 16/17th Edition Regs, C&G 2377 PAT Testing and 2391 inspection and testing)

whenever i interview potential students ( the majority of which are career changers) the question i always ask is

"What do you want to do after your training/qualifications?"

I.E, do you want to 'work' as an electrician in any environment? (could be Buidling maintenance type work), do you want to do commercial, industrial and domestic? Do you only want to do domestic installations? Do you want to be self-employed (straight away or more likely eventually)?

You may have an idea or you may not have even considered it, but really its a starting point.

i can certainly reccomend publications (such as the ones i reccomend to my students!)
and/or work out some sort of training plan for you

Lots of questions, but lifes like that isn't it!!

regards

Tony

hiya skystorm, welcome to the site, hope you choose a career in electrics. 17th edition is out this month, reading that would be a great start.

regards Luke

Reply to Hi in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock