Discuss High integrity earthing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Zdb

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Only time I've done this has been using the two separate CPCs of a RFC using different terminals inside the D.B as per 543.7.1.204

I've been asked to test a load of high integrity radial circuits with two separate (different sized) CPCs.

My question is, in the box which asks for the CSA of the CPC, do you just write that of the radial and make a note of the other size in the comments or do you add the two CSAs together.

My initial thought was add them together but then I thought we dont write 3mm when installing a 2.5/1.5 RFC.

Any advice welcomed

Only time I've done this has been using the two separate CPCs of a RFC using different terminals inside the D.B as per 543.7.1.204

I've been asked to test a load of high integrity radial circuits with two separate (different sized) CPCs.

My question is, in the box which asks for the CSA of the CPC, do you just write that of the radial and make a note of the other size in the comments or do you add the two CSAs together.

My initial thought was add them together but then I thought we dont write 3mm when installing a 2.5/1.5 RFC.

Any advice welcomed
That would be 4mm wouldn't it?

I would more than likely add them together and make a note on the cert reflecting the amount of cables on the circuit.

I think Pete is correct there being a minimum of 4mm single earth when protected against mechanical damage.
If you are saying you have a 2.5/1.5 radial with a 2.5mm earth from the end of the radial to the distribution board I would put down 1.5 as the circuit CPC. What is the installation method?

Any advice welcomed
Because that’s just one conductor.

I think he is referring to the 1.5/1.5 of a ring final circuit. It depends on the schedule format you are using and whether you can insert all conductor csa. I like to include all as I hand write them so if you have a 2.5 T&E with a separate 4mm cpc I would put 1.5/4.0

Reply to High integrity earthing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock