Discuss High power 12v leds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tim

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im changing some down lights in a hairdressers with high ceilings and need some high power directional (38degree or thereabouts) 12v leds. Preferably ones that will work with the existing transformers but i no thats hit and miss depending on what transformers they have already.

Ive seen many websites claiming to have the best or the highest output but the lumen figures the note dont always back up the claims, i thought lumens was a standard measurement?

Ive been searching the internet and found a few contenders but i wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations.

Cheers,
Tim

suggest you bin the transformers and fit GU10 LEDs. just change the lamp holder. the 12V ones are probably knackered anyway.

suggest you bin the transformers and fit GU10 LEDs. just change the lamp holder. the 12V ones are probably knackered anyway.

I said the same but he doesnt want to spend much, and hes a nice bloke so im trying to see if i can do a strait lamp swap, its not looking likley though.

Reply to High power 12v leds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I am currently DIY upgrading a caravan with my girlfriend but need some advice. The (very old) 230VAC to 13.8VDC power supply broke down...
Replies
Views
This might sound like a stupid question but I just don't get it. A electrical engineer at my work who works mainly on the high voltage areas like...
Replies
Views
I have a question for you all, We recently moved, and the old house had the analog meter on it, the new place has 3 structures on the property.. a...
Replies
Views
I am gradually replacing filament & halogen bulbs with LED versions. Whilst some LED lamps work okay with standard 12V transformers, the...
Replies
Views
I have been told I can power leds from my old PC PSU as a cost effective way of using my old unused computer. I need advice on what I can drive...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock