Discuss High R1 + R2 Readings in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kduck

Hi,

Just taken these readings on a ring final

R1+R2

at the sockets

1 0.67
2 0.67
3 0.70
4 0.71
5 0.70
6 0.70
7 0.81 Spur
8 0.67
9 0.75
10 0.77
11 0.91 spur
12 0.71

Ze = 0.26 and Zs = 0.57

so all ready the sockets on R1+ R2 are all more than Zs any ideas
Insulation test L / N 77
E / L 84
E/ N 81

Also taken cooker reading, one 10mm wire running 9m, R1+ R2= 1.25 Zs = 0.75

meter was tested this week
help

what are the sockets wired in if 2.5 twin and cpc under the floor if so they are high readings, have you followed the test procedure ie: end to end first that way you should find out if you have problem with one or more of the wires

Harvey

took the readings end to end, also zero the leads. The house is a large one and all the sockets where on the same circuit up and downstairs plus the garage. So to get the readings down the easy option was to put the kitchen on it own ring, now R1 + R2 max is 0.07 in the kitchen and 0.10 on the socket circuit.

That was it all the sockets on one cct also probably over a 100m of cable hence high if you break them down even more 1st floor on one and ground on another is that possible ?

I think 100m ring length is right in for the 16th. I don't have my book handy but i think it is now 92m in the 17th edition. Not certain but pretty sure.
My rule of thumb is never use anywhere near a full roll of cable for a circuit.

Reply to High R1 + R2 Readings in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock