Discuss High TNS readingssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
TNS system
60947-2 main switch
60898 double pole 63amp MCBs that feed some caravan boxes now some circuits I can get below the disconnection times of 0.56 ohms but some are 1.22 ohms now I’ve tried changing glands anything else I can do apart from TT the hook up unit? Or do you need upfront RCD

If not change the distribution unit feeding boxes with RCD and Rod it

TNS system
60947-2 main switch
60898 double pole 63amp MCBs that feed some caravan boxes now some circuits I can get below the disconnection times of 0.56 ohms but some are 1.22 ohms now I’ve tried changing glands anything else I can do apart from TT the hook up unit? Or do you need upfront RCD

If not change the distribution unit feeding boxes with RCD and Rod it
What R1+R2 readings?

No dead testing currently occupied

You can't expect to solve the problem without doing all of the testing needed to find the source of the problem.

As Rob has suggested the SWA may be damaged and the armour rusting, you should test the integrity of the cable sheath to confirm whether this has happened, if it has then the only answer is to replace the cables.

Hi - is there any visible reason for the different Zs readings? (Run length?) If not, then full testing required and interim derating to say B25 for the 1.22 Zs. Also make sure the Zs result is not from using the RCD test, if that makes any sense :) .

Is this carry on caravaning ,start in the being so we are reading the same newspaper .either you have got incoming TNS or TT.
Agree with Wilco .

Surely this needs finding Via R1+R2? Test between each caravan on the line and calculate the reading you thing you shold be getting by the table in GN3?

Depending on how many caravans coukd you not install a 100mA or 500mA RCBO to bring the disconnection tines up, although this coukd cause all sorts of issues with multiple vans switching off for one fault.

Having worked on quite a few caravan parks they are poorly maintained, armoured go rusty over time, glands arnt great, boxes are swapped often. There a $hit show.

Reply to High TNS readingssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock