Discuss High TNS readingssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Looks like it was never installed correctly unfortunately.

In this instance I would code it as a C2 and quote to install a 500mA RCD for fault protection for the circuits that do not meet the maximum permitted Zs via the MCB.

Remember the RCD will need to be installed at the supply end of the cable.

No need to TT it and make the earth even worse.

Looks like it was never installed correctly unfortunately.

In this instance I would code it as a C2 and quote to install a 500mA RCD for fault protection for the circuits that do not meet the maximum permitted Zs via the MCB.

Remember the RCD will need to be installed at the supply end of the cable.

No need to TT it and make the earth even worse.

What was it you disagreed with in my posts Essex?

This is only viable if the problem is not degradation due to damage to the underground cable.
Proper testing needs to be carried out first rather than the clutching at straws and repeated EFLI tests that appear to be happening.

I wouldnt be entirely surprised if it turns out the op is getting poor results due to using a low current test.

This is only viable if the problem is not degradation due to damage to the underground cable.
Proper testing needs to be carried out first rather than the clutching at straws and repeated EFLI tests that appear to be happening.

I wouldnt be entirely surprised if it turns out the op is getting poor results due to using a low current test.

The op has stated that the EIC was over the max Zs anyway. It was never installed correctly so some sort of change is required to meet max permitted Zs.

This might seem a bit unorthodox but I always like to find out what the actual problem is before coming up with a solution

The problem is Zs higher than the maximum permitted for the OCPD installed.

It'd be useful to know how old the installation is.

It was never installed right in the first place.

It would be good if the OP could clarify the test results and what they mean by original values. Their other threads recently about this same job make me think these original values refer to the EICR conducted before they started the remedials rather than referring to an EIC.

Reply to High TNS readingssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock