Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss High voltage plug sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Recently changed plug sockets and light switches. Have noticed before this was done we were burning through light bulbs.

A few of our plug sockets are high voltage 250 -270.

Any ideas

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
If you have 270 V between live and neutral then yes, that is a little high. How did you measure this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As far as I know no but I do know one of them might as they r changing alot within there house

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Recently changed plug sockets and light switches. Have noticed before this was done we were burning through light bulbs.

Any ideas
250V is normal for the UK, this is what most substations are set up to supply.
270V is above the normal limits and if this has been measured with an accurate calibrated meter you should contact your distribution network operator ASAP to report the fault.

richy3333

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
It was supposed to be a joke. Sorry you two don’t have a sense of humour :(

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
As far as I know no but I do know one of them might as they r changing alot within there house
You and your neighbour both need to contact your supplier. Let us know what they say.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its k I know I'm not an electrician. Just trying to figure this out as we have been trying to solve it all day and beginning to wonder if it's a larger issue

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed

Any ideas
That's not HV, just higher than normal LV voltage, what were/are you measuring the Voltage with?

Reply to High voltage plug sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom