Discuss High voltage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

radiohead

Called out to a problem in a remote rural property, TNCS 100a single phase supply, overhead lines. Testing after sorting the issue my MFT flashed up a voltage of 265v L-N . Thinking the MFT was playing up I re-tested with a multi meter and got the same result. UKPN called and attended later in the day, recorded 252v, pronounced it ok and left. I returned today and got 266v on no less than 3 different meters. Also tested N/E to a temp earth rod and found no significant voltage. Ze within expected tolerance. UKPN attending again hopefully.
Any suggestions as to possible causes?

Called out to a problem in a remote rural property, TNCS 100a single phase supply, overhead lines. Testing after sorting the issue my MFT flashed up a voltage of 265v L-N . Thinking the MFT was playing up I re-tested with a multi meter and got the same result. UKPN called and attended later in the day, recorded 252v, pronounced it ok and left. I returned today and got 266v on no less than 3 different meters. Also tested N/E to a temp earth rod and found no significant voltage. Ze within expected tolerance. UKPN attending again hopefully.
Any suggestions as to possible causes?
HV / LV TX Tapping's goosed!

I have to return once UKPN (hopefully) have rectified. I have left the owner with a plugged in meter with instructions to check voltage at regular intervals and record the results and time of day. Obviously UKPN are struggling like everyone at the moment so I suspect its going to be a day or two.

Just to update UKPN returned and after much pontificating pronounced the tranny kaput (as expected), I'm told voltage was up to 271v. Apparently and perhaps not surprisingly at the moment a replacement is not available. Property has been taken off the supply and connected to a temporary generator.

Reply to High voltage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net