Discuss High Ze no more in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Yesterday I started an EICR from the outset I saw a 100mA Rcd on the split board and was expecting some high numbers on the Ze thinking as it was an late 1800 house out in the sticks within the local castle grounds and maybe a TT , it was PME,d however, in the next field was the service pole so had a wander over as there was an odd thing sticking out half way down which was some sort of coupling on the earth strap going into the ground below which was as green as a green thing, maybe a manky connection I thought so undaunted we set to it and got .39 not sky high but enough to f£$% up my Zs,s , hoping to meet up with one of the local SSE chaps down the bakers as is oft the case t ask him if he might clout it with a hammer on the way past but sadly not, however and to the point today after the obligatory screwery at the sockets I was getting good readings to good perhaps so I did a Ze and viola .27, go figure

Not sure if I am following you correctly but if it is PME it should have a metalic path all the way round the circuit. Any earth connections are to bond the neutral to earth and should not be part of the zs earth path.

Did your Dad give you the other wheel for Christmas then? ;)

Very funny...
But i'll tell you what DID make him laugh....

We were all off to Amsterdam for a holiday,i'm 15,and reckon that cobbled market square is in need of a manc stuntman?
So i strip down the unicycle,and hide the parts in the luggage....seat goes in me sisters bag?

We get here,and i rush to retrieve the parts,and build her up.....can't wait,coz it's soooo flat...

Aĺl back together,bar the seat,i quiz me sister and she said she "jetisoned it,back in Manchester" ?

Had to look at the pointy end,as i passed 4 thousand bicycle shops,banned from buying a replacement,as a punishment...?

Reply to High Ze no more in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net