Discuss High Ze on a TNCS system in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

yes i will b going denmas mon morn to get one its all cuming bk to me now

r1 and r2 for final ring is crossing over cpc and live from oppisite cables.

got a diagram for u to c il put it on nw on ze

how do u do it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry can u explain?

r1=
r2=
r1+r2=

would rele help!!

r1 = end to end test of LINE conductor of a ring circuit at the CU
rn = end to end test of NEUTRAL conductor of ring circuit at the CU
r2 = end to end test of CPC of ring circuit at CU

R2 is the long lead test I mentioned earlier

R1+R2 is the linking out of LINE and CPC of a RADIAL circuit at the CU and measuring at the extremity of that radial circuit

OR

Cross connecting L1 + CPC2, and, L2 + CPC1 conductors of a RING CIRCUIT at the CU and measuring at each socket outlet on that ring circuit.

yes got it now thank u!! funny how if u dont test for a long time u forget every thing isit it even tho i got 17th 2391 and 2330 L2 L3 LOL

ONE MORE TEST I WANT TO KNOW AND IF U COULD HELP IS SHORT CIRCIT TEST? I KNOW U HAVE TO TAKE THE HIGHEST READING EITHER FROM PFC OR SHORT CUIRCIT??

PFC is the higher of the two readings of PEFC and PSCC.

PEFC is measured L-E, PSCC is measured L-N.

On a 3 phase system as a rule of thumb, the PFC is doubled as the highest fault current would be between phases.

Ok thanks lenny very helpfull o ye if any one can help with what question the assessor will ask with the answers u would give with b good

need all info i can collect

cheers every 1

Ok kl thanks voltman can u give sum advice on the assessment

i neeeeeeeeeed to pass no matter what will loose lots of cash if i dont

the thing is not to panic my assessor was great hes there not to pick holes but to help . he asked me questions on earthing and did tests on r1 r2 on a lighting circuit and some rcd tests make sure you got all paper work ready for him good and plenty of tea good luck

paper work !

il give him bout 4 testing certs

invoices i hav gave to clients

and some quotation i have done thing is i have never done a quote all my clients just said they want me any way. have not done one in 2years. just give ruff estimate and thy say ok kl, shw them a few figuers and away i go what other paperwork will i need

he asked me for pubic liability ins and company health and safety policy .meter calibration certs etc took about half a day

i got calibration certs ect the women said i can have insurance on the eassessment day? health a nd safty? what shel i do for that ? im going to fail i no it lo

how do i start a thread i cant seem to do it ?????????l

ye isolate cu test incomer L and N for voltage make sure dead. re test ur voltage on a volatage detector carry out visual inspection , then dead teast r1 r2 and IR then i would carry out a ze test with dissconected earth then a zs test with all eartin back on and CU live. then rcd test. say i do a r1 r2 test and connect at cu then go off to test the last point shel i put cover back on even thought its dead? im going with napit! what r they like?

yes i would prove dead then lock off make sure covers on when you leave it. heard good things about napitt electricians guide to building regs is a good book got loads of info in there

well looks like i will be going shopping monday morn pop to wholesales then go water stones lol as got a massive cricket shed to rewire. thansk for the help voltman and lenny

o yea and i have not got a lock off kit or voltage proving unit ? shel i get one i no thy r exensive for what thy r!! if not how should i prove live amd dead properly ????

how do i start a thread i cant seem to do it ?????????l

Click on the forum you want to start a thread in i.e inspection & testing, commercial & industrial etc. At the top there is a button "NEW THREAD", click on it and away you go.:)

Whilst doing a Periodic Inspection on a premises that had a TNCS system i got a reading of
0.68 at the M.E.T that was four inches away.... the link between the head & M.E.T was a 16mm2 Main Earth

due to the limits being 0.35 on a TNCS system what actions should be taken... should there be a increase in the main earth to a 25mm2
plus as i always asked questions alot when i was a boy,,, why if in a TNS system 0.8 is the max then this situation would of being acceptable..

question 3 being then if all circuits still fall inside the max earth loops for the mcbs then is there a problem ... or am i from another planet ? thanku if anyone has any thoughts on this :)

Re high TNCS, you could try the Ze test on the neutral incomer (PEN conductor) to the main switch with the neutral disconnected and the installation islolated, this may useful for the dno as a good reading on the neutral will point to a connection problem within the service head, on the older heads there is a seperate link to be closed between neutral and earth terminals, its possible this could be loose

Reply to High Ze on a TNCS system in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock