Discuss High Ze,s in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Scott F

When on say a TNCS property you get 0.7 say for Ze

What do you tend to do note it on the cert and let the customer deal with it ? (Thing is I feel they probably won,t deal with it )
Or take it upon yourself and wait a week on the off chance they MIGHT turn up.
Any views appreciated.

I think you will find on a TNS and TNCS system its down to the DNO to sort that out not you or the customer. Oooops you said Ze might help if I read the post first

Chris

Ignore my ooops it is very obvious I am having a really bad hair day

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate.

Personally I would contact the DNO myself and see what the score is. It's their responsibility to provide you with a Ze of less than 0.35 on a TN-C-S.

Thanks for the quick responses
I gave the DNO a ring to enquire what earthing arrangement it was .
Looks like a converted TT - TNCS off the pole into heatshrink then into concentric
Neutral the same only doubled up with a 16mm earth wire .
looks like a DIY
High Ze could be loose connection or could just be its out the way
By the sea out the way
And this is the point its a holiday home I did a PIR for I get the work via a letting agent so would have to arrange when no ones there and get the keys and even then DNO might not turn up
I rang them the other day (6mm main earth sweated on to lead sheath was there all day a monday and they ring me Thursday to tell me there outside)
I do not want to spend a day or so wasting my time BUT MY responsibility usually gets in the way of smooth rides .

IF YOU yes YOU had to go back and arrange for the DNO to turn up would you charge for it obviously its extra cost for the client, but your spending your day waiting .All replies greatly received Scott

Come on boys its not a hard one !

I am assuming there is more than 1 of you who are self employed and have encountered this situation ?

Depends how generous you are feeling but yes i would do the same and charge customer for the time.

You gots to charge for your time mate, you could be somewhere else earning a crust so if you have to be there for access then bill them accordingly.

Can the letting agent not wait around all day for them.At the end of the day the incoming supply is not your problem.All the time your'e waiting outside let them know it is costing them £20 an hour :D

Reply to High Ze,s in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock