Discuss Hikvision Hik Connect no remote access in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

mattg4321

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just set up a Hikvision NVR and cameras for a customer. All fine except the Hik Connect app says the cameras are offline unless you are connected to the house network. Ie it won’t work on 4g or another Wi-fi/network.

I’m sure I didn’t have this problem last time I set one of these up. A while ago admittedly.

Will it be something in the routers settings that need changing? Port forwarding or something. My knowledge is patchy when it comes to this...

Cheers

Check Under Network/Advanced/Platform Access enable server address Default should be enabled
dont forget to scan the QR code from same page. do not open ports. not needed,

How did you add the NVR to the app? Using the QR code or serial number? Or did you add it manhally using the LAN IP address?

Issue you are having sounds very similar to the LAN address being used to add the hardware to the app

Sorted this a long time ago thanks, but yes I added using the QR code. Once I changed to adding the serial number it worked great.

Why even give the QR code option if it doesn’t work properly!

I was at a Electrical dealer yesterday and "Hikvision" was been discussed ..... The few guys there said they always had issues with installs . Software issues that crashed the systems 3-4 times a year

Reply to Hikvision Hik Connect no remote access in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock