Discuss Hive app in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hiya lads
i was speaking to a friend of mine that installs for british gas and asked me to install a nest control for him when i asked why he wasnt using hive he said that BG are going to start charging people for using the app unless they have a service contract.
a couple of questions
1, has he misunderstood what is happening
2, is it legal for them to do that
cheers

Hive do offer a monthly charge, I presume there is no upfront payment this way and other 'perks'

It would be a seriously poor business decision if they only offered that.

No way could they start retro charging customers who have paid in full upfront.

The nest is a lot nicer unit IMHO.

Id go for the Nest every time. Feels a far better unit and i like the curved design over the square hive. Not sure how they can start charging for the unit but hey its BG they make there own rules.

One thing I don't get with there adverts when it says get the hive for £9.00 a month. Is that an additional onto a BG service contract? and also how many months do you have to pay the contract before the units yours?

Nest all the way (i know i'm biased as i'm a nest pro installer but I do really like the nest units)

I always use nest as it can be linked to smoke and co detectors also you can use cctv on the app as well also 1 payment and that's it I also think it looks better
I think what he meant about charging to use the app was if you have bought the hive system up front and aren't a service contract customer they are going to start charging you to use the app I don't know when they are going to start doing this but he's quite addament that it will be a yearly or monthly contract to use app if nor on service contract

Reply to Hive app in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock