Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Hive software options? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hive-basic-C-Plan.jpgThis is how I think one would need to wire Hive on the very old C Plan which has no tank thermostat, however I have been told on another forum the relay is not required, and it can be configured with software to switch pump and boiler with central heating and just boiler for domestic hot water, is this true or false?
I had said Nest was better as it can be wired like this, C-Plan_basic_Nest.jpgBut can't do that with Hive as can't access the com as it is internally connected to line.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

-
Arms
Esteemed
Yes, you can set the Hive so it works on a Gravity setup. You have to hold a button in on the receiver to put it in that mode if I recall correctly, but it's very straight forward and documented in the installation instructions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Found it
Gravity-fed and part-pumped systems are wired differently to standard boilers. With these, the hot water relay switches on the boiler, whilst the heating relay opens a valve, operates a pump, or both, to divert hot water to the heating.
So no relay required.

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Hive software options? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom