Discuss Hive underfloor heating fitted incorrectly...? in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spengler

DIY
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I have two hive zones. One for the house and one for the UFH in the kitchen.

When I boost the UFH from the thermostat or the Hive app the light on the Hive receiver comes on immediately, but the boiler does not fire and the valve triggering the UFH does not move. Basically nothing happens.

However, if I do the above and also boost the other Hive zone (in the hallway), straight away the valve opens, the pump starts and the UFH comes on immediately.

For this reason I think UFH receiver is wired incorrectly as it can't call for heat directly.

Can anyone see if it has been wired correctly? Cheers!

Hive UFH.jpg

TL;DR
Hive underfloor heating wired incorrectly as will not call for heat separately to other zone.
Avo Mk8

Avo Mk8

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Assuming you have 2-port valves, the switched live power to the boiler emanates from a microswitch in the 2-port (orange wire).
The wiring from the receiver seems right from what I can see.

Sorry edited this after further consideration!
It's possible the fault is to do with the underfloor 2-port rather than the wiring
Has it ever worked to your knowledge?

Last edited:

Reply to Hive underfloor heating fitted incorrectly...? in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical News from Electricians Forums and Friends