Discuss HNC Building Services Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Ste69

Im interested in doing the HNC building services engineering (electrical).........Is anyone taking this course by distance learning?

Any information on this would be much appreciated.

Would i need to do a bridging course, if my maths is not the best? (like i would do for the HNC elec/elect engineering)

Anyone heard of A1 Technical Training, Logis Tech Associates?

or does anyone know of any other training provider of distance learning for this subject?

cheers

This is the course I am starting on in September but on day release. I was told because I work In building services and was fully qualified electrician I wouldn't need to do any bridging course.

Best bet would be to ring the course provider to confirm there requirements

Im interested in doing the HNC building services engineering (electrical).........Is anyone taking this course by distance learning?

Any information on this would be much appreciated.

Would i need to do a bridging course, if my maths is not the best? (like i would do for the HNC elec/elect engineering)

Anyone heard of A1 Technical Training, Logis Tech Associates?

or does anyone know of any other training provider of distance learning for this subject?

cheers

The math is level 4, so unless you have a good A level GCE (A / B+) you may well struggle. A full level 3 C&G 2360/2330/2365/2357 etc, is supposed to be equivalent to an A level C or C-. But to be honest, these days i doubt if they would warrant a D!! lol!!

As far as distance learning for a level 4 qualification goes, forget about it. Get yourself enrolled at a local technical college...

The math is level 4, so unless you have a good A level GCE (A / B+) you may well struggle. A full level 3 C&G 2360/2330/2365/2357 etc, is supposed to be equivalent to an A level C or C-. But to be honest, these days i doubt if they would warrant a D!! lol!!

As far as distance learning for a level 4 qualification goes, forget about it. Get yourself enrolled at a local technical college...

Cheers. I have an ONC in electrical engineering from a few years back but not sure if my maths is upto the HNC though.

unfortunately no local colleges are running the above course on night classes, a couple are running the course on day release but im not in a position to do this, so distance learning is the only way to go.

Teeside uni. I don't think it is a course they can run on a evening due to the amount of content. Day release is 8 a.m to 7 p.m to fit the content in in two years. Good luck.

Teeside uni. I don't think it is a course they can run on a evening due to the amount of content. Day release is 8 a.m to 7 p.m to fit the content in in two years. Good luck.
Picking up on this, I am looking to do the HNC building Services course and the only course provider doing it distance learning is A-1 Technical training. Has anyone had any dealing as this looks as though it's ran from a house rather than commercial buildings.

I have no experience of them or connection to them, but a google brought up this;

(need to be registered to see it)

The M.D seems to have had an intetresting history, including holding a Hackney Carriage licence for 35 years in Glasgow, overlapping a lot of his other experience, it could be he also owned a Cab company.
Mommy so he is experienced then!!

Reply to HNC Building Services Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net