Discuss HNC Certificate authenticity in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Please can somebody help, a position has become available and I have narrowed the candidates down, I just have a slight issue with one of the potential candidates. He's the forerunner for the position and is suitable qualified. I have all his certificates (HNC) Before I offer the position can somebody inform me what it should say, his says 'HNC Engineering' I thought it would state that he is HNC Electrical Enginneer..!

Possibly it varies according to the course, e.g. the candidate has studied "engineering", covering a range of topics. If it is not too late, ask him.

For example, in my own case, I have a degree in engineering science, which included modules on mechanics, thermodynamics, electrical, control theory, etc. It even included a session out in pairs surveying round the local park with theodolites.

If you unsure about the authenticity of a certificate you can contact the awarding body (or exam board, or whatever they are called now)
For example if it was a city and guilds certificate you can contact City and Guilds to verify it.

You could ask him for transcript of his HNC, which will list all modules taken and passed as part of his HNC qualification.

If he doesn't have this transcript, then his further education provider will be able to provide him with a copy of this. It's unlikely they will provide it yourself directly due to data protection.

BTW I had do this when I went back to Uni for the 2nd time.

You could ask him for transcript of his HNC, which will list all modules taken and passed as part of his HNC qualification.

If he doesn't have this transcript, then his further education provider will be able to provide him with a copy of this. It's unlikely they will provide it yourself directly due to data protection.

I found mine (list of modules and results) a few years ago in the loft when I was packing up to move house. Couldn't see any useful information on it. All the modules listed down the LHS and results on RHS completely faded to nothing. You could just about make out my name. I've binned it as I have the certificate.

With reference to The modules there doesn’t seem to be much reference there either, I thought they ought to be more.

any thoughts?48BE26A3-5969-4779-B929-C0478671B4E0.jpeg6764357A-E15F-4D8F-A70D-1ADCB983DE53.jpeg

With reference to The modules there doesn’t seem to be much reference there either, I thought they ought to be more.

any thoughts?View attachment 59452View attachment 59453
I guess it all depends on what position your employing for. Based on modules listed it is biased more towards electronics.

However, providing you have no major areas of concern and his references check out and you’ve got a good feeling, I see no reason not to go forward (even if you offer position on 3~6mths trail basis, to give you that extra price of mind - assuming that can be done)

Possibly it varies according to the course, e.g. the candidate has studied "engineering", covering a range of topics. If it is not too late, ask him.

For example, in my own case, I have a degree in engineering science, which included modules on mechanics, thermodynamics, electrical, control theory, etc. It even included a session out in pairs surveying round the local park with theodolites.
i hope those theodolites had visas and the correct work permits?

Reply to HNC Certificate authenticity in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net