• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss HNC Electrical Engineering in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm looking for some first hand advice and opinions from anyone who has completed or is currently studying a HNC Level4.

Thinking about making the leap as a few jobs I like the sound of ask for it.

I've been qualified as a spark for a little while now and am getting a bit bored and would like to progress anyway.

Anyone doing it 2 years part time?

Cheers

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
can't advise on current HNC/HND. done mine 1970, before we had calculators or computers.

timbobelfast

Electrician's Arms
I'm looking for some first hand advice and opinions from anyone who has completed or is currently studying a HNC Level4.

I've been qualified as a spark for a little while now and am getting a bit bored and would like to progress anyway.

Cheers
What line of electrical are you wanting to move into?

HNC has always been the pre requisite for most electrical offshore roles.
Currently on the HNC path myself, although doing it for my own personal gain as current employer happy to fund it.
You will gain a more in depth fundamental knowledge, just depends if what you are looking to move into warrants it.
Pick the HNC wisely, I wish I had chose instrumentation and control rather than pure electrical engineering.

rapparee

Electrician's Arms
What line of electrical are you wanting to move into?

HNC has always been the pre requisite for most electrical offshore roles.
Currently on the HNC path myself, although doing it for my own personal gain as current employer happy to fund it.
You will gain a more in depth fundamental knowledge, just depends if what you are looking to move into warrants it.
Pick the HNC wisely, I wish I had chose instrumentation and control rather than pure electrical engineering.
Where are you going Biffy?

bcm_spark

Electrician's Arms
I'm doing mine through teeside uni distance learning. Should've finished by now but hit a wall and tutor support was a bit poor. I'm actually trying to get into it again now and looking for help on one question to get the motors module out the way.

If you're good at maths and can get your head into it its a good qual to have and will open doors but not always for more money

timbobelfast

Electrician's Arms
I'm doing mine through teeside uni distance learning. Should've finished by now but hit a wall and tutor support was a bit poor. I'm actually trying to get into it again now and looking for help on one question to get the motors module out the way.

If you're good at maths and can get your head into it its a good qual to have and will open doors but not always for more money
What part are you stuck on?

The_apprentice2.0

Regular EF Member

Cheers

Hello mate, yes I done my elec/elec HNC on day release 1 day a week over 2 years, there was a recent thread about it.

Have a little gander at that hope it can be some help.

HNC Building Services Engineering / Elec & Elec - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/threads/hnc-building-services-engineering-elec-elec.170487/#post-1485525

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.