Discuss HNC/HND Electrical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering options via open learning? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

blurplespark

Hi,
I see there are posts on specific HNC courses already but I don't think there is a general discussion on options - sorry if I'm wrong!!
I'm looking into starting an HNC in Electrical Eng or Electrical/Electronic Eng. via open learning and was wondering what experience others have of this?

For me it has to be completely via distance learning as I am remote!
I am looking into Logis Tech Associates who offer the Electrical/Electronic Eng HNC from EDEXEL.It looks good as it is at entirely your own pace-but I'm not sure if it's just me,seems quite expensive?I am hoping to gain part time grant funding from SAAS (for Scotland) but am not sure they offer it for this course provider?
Any help or advice from people in the know.......?
Thanks

Re: HNC/HND Electrical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering options via open learning

Hi,
I see there are posts on specific HNC courses already but I don't think there is a general discussion on options - sorry if I'm wrong!!
I'm looking into starting an HNC in Electrical Eng or Electrical/Electronic Eng. via open learning and was wondering what experience others have of this?

For me it has to be completely via distance learning as I am remote!
I am looking into Logis Tech Associates who offer the Electrical/Electronic Eng HNC from EDEXEL.It looks good as it is at entirely your own pace-but I'm not sure if it's just me,seems quite expensive?I am hoping to gain part time grant funding from SAAS (for Scotland) but am not sure they offer it for this course provider?
Any help or advice from people in the know.......?
Thanks

Which part of Scotland If you don't mind saying?
Anyway, I went through the education system and got spat out at the other end with credentials. It's so long ago now that I'm not in a position to advise you on what course(s) to take.

But, once you get into it, if there is any questions I can help with I'll be pleased to do so. As, I'm sure, will other members here

Re: HNC/HND Electrical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering options via open learning

Teesside is a popular choice, give them a call and see if they can help.

Besoeker,thanks for that,I am on an island,so obviously can't get to a college etc easily!!
I am currently a qualified electrician and working as such,but feeling a bit like I'm standing still at the moment.

LeeH ,I have seen Teeside mentioned on here,though again not sure if SAAS fund this - does anyone have any experience of using SAAS funding?

Teesside University - Part-time study - Electrical and Electronic Engineering by Flexible open learning, HNC

This is the course that I am currently studying and I find it really enjoyable albeit difficult in places.

But if you keep in touch with the thread that I started below, it can be helpful. I'm currently half way through my HNC and have completed all the core (toughest modules) so if in doubt, give me a shout.

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...de-hnc-electrical-electronic-engineering.html

How are you finding the study at teeside? I am looking into starting the HNC myself but don't know whether to go with teeside or Logistech?

Thanks

I am a few weeks into year 2 of this course. I'm studying with Teesside Uni but delivered at Middlesbrough College. Struggling at the moment with the Electrical and Electronic Principles module. AC circuits with complex numbers. It's so damn easy to make a mistake and a chew to find where you went wrong. I've managed one question out of 7 for assignment 1.

Our new company delivers HNC, HND and Level 6 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in a purely online form. To ease the financial burden you just pay for the units you are studying at any particular time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Our new company delivers HNC, HND and Level 6 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in a purely online form. To ease the financial burden you just pay for the units you are studying at any particular time.

Please don't post advertising links.

Has anyone completed EEP TMA 1 (v3) as struggling with the content?

Reply to HNC/HND Electrical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering options via open learning? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net